First Amendment Article

All students have the right to their First Amendment. Students First Amendment rights are unlimited.

Even the KKK has the right to free speech. Steven said, ”They don’t burn crosses they light them up.” KKK members claim that their family support KKK acts and beliefs. They also don’t wear hoods in public.

Steven Edward, Grand Dragon, KKK said, ”It’s not illegal to be white in this country.”

Tinker V. Des Moines fight against symbolic speech. On December 11, 1965, a large group of students met the home of Christopher Eckhardt to protest against Vietnam war. Students decided to wear black wrist bands.

John Fortas- Speaking for the majority said, ”In the absence of a specific showing of constitutionally valid reasons to regulate their speech, students are entitled to freedom of expression of their views.”

In the Student Press Law Center report First Amendment rights are pushed for personal reasons. ”Have no effect on campus, Nelson said.” The 2012 lawsuit alleged violation of Stratton’s First Amendment right to free speech and Fourth Amendment.

”Stratton was intimidated particularly by the presence of deputy Mitchell. She had no choice and eventually, she involuntarily gave the group her login information the lawsuit says.”