• August 20"1046" Celebration in Honor of Academic Achievement

• August 20Clubs will be on display during both lunches 8/24/18

The Oracle

49ers 2018 Draft Preview

Aaron Kolomvotos, Reporter

The 2018 NFL Draft is coming up soon and it’s a place where kids finally make their dreams on becoming what they want to be and that’s a professional football player. For the first time ever the draft will be taking place in a stadium at AT&T stadium in Arlington, Texas. This will be the 83rd annual meeting where franchises will draft their next star.

One team that needs to have a good draft is the San Francisco 49ers. They have the 9th pick in this up and coming draft to help fill a hole in their roster. There are many different options and things they could do with the 9th pick. Just to remember that this draft has lots of good quarterbacks so to see other teams trade up to get their quarterback is a sign to watch out for. The 49ers could be willing to trade down for more extra draft picks on a team that needs a quarterback. The Bills could be a option for them to trade picks with them, the Bills have the 12th and 22nd pick. Those 2 picks could be helpful for them as they still possibly get the guy they want at number 9 and to have the 22nd pick as well. If the 49ers cant find a good trade for their 9th pick they would take the player they want. There are many options on what players they are going to take. With having their quarterback set in Jimmy Garoppolo they don’t need to draft a one. The 49ers will probably go defense with this selection and take one of these players Roquan Smith LB, Minkah Fitzpatrick DB, Derwin James S, Tremain Edmunds LB, or even Denzel Ward CB.

All of these players would be a great fit for the 49ers as it helps fills their holes in their roster. As you can see they are interested in linebackers and people in the secondary. With the niners drafts pass rushers in the last couple of drafts they aren’t looking for one right now. Any of these 5 players would be great for the team, with the signing of Richard Sherman he would teach and grow out the secondary with all these young players, that’s why drafting Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Denzel Ward would be great picks for the 49ers. Has for the two linebackers its a whole they need to fix has they need someone to control the middle of the field and Roquan Smith and Tremain Edmunds does that perfectly and fits well with the scheme. That’s why the 49ers should take one of these 5 players in the draft, but that would be only the 1st round of draft as there is 7 rounds.

With the remaining picks they have, they will draft players from positions they need, I think that in the 2nd round the 49ers will draft a wide receiver to give Jimmy Garoppolo a weapon on offense. They could take someone like Equanimeous St. Brown, who is a big receiver at 6’5 and could really help out for this in the redzone. But, this is only a preview of draft so we have to wait and see what the 49ers actually do. There a team with a lot of upside and one really good draft could help this team out and possibly compete for a playoff spot. If they draft right and get players to help fill the holes in their roster they could be a really good team for the 2018-2019 season. The draft will start on April 26th through 28th and it is only one week away as it will begin on Thursday!