What is the Navy?

Aaron Kolomvotos, Reporter

It is that time of the year where we are about rap up the last couple of weeks left for school. This is when seniors must think about what they want to do with their life after high school. Some would want to go to college, work for the military, or other things that may interest them. One type of  branch to go into the military is the Navy. The Navy is a branch of the nation’s armed services that conducts military operations at sea. Some people would like to be part of the military such as the Navy once they are done with high school. 

What does the military or the Navy bring to people and how do people get in? If you choose to pursue a military track, you could experience a military education in prestigious surroundings, followed by a stable and interesting career. You will also receive a free college education, and every branch has an academy with benefits. There are also drawbacks when you join the military however. 

Some benefits include federal tuition assistance. The military programs are funded federally for soldiers to take college courses. There are different programs that pay for limited classes to be taken from certain institutions, this means that kids who join the military do not have free will choice of where they get their free education from. However, for people who do join the military there are still many options for education. 

So far from CCHS only one graduating senior will be joining the Navy this year. In order to join a branch of the military you must first talk to a recruiter, then summit an application, get processed, and start your physical training. Chavez’s lone Navy recruit from the 2018 class is Lewis Pedebone. It takes lots of skill to join the military, there are many things you need to have and to do to get in.  Many people every year go out and risk their lives to protect our country, we don’t appreciate them enough. There are probably more people who want to be apart of the navy here at Cesar Chavez High School, but we just don’t know about it. I would like to say thank you whoever joins the military and good luck to all the seniors for graduating high school.